What people have been working on
November 15, 2020 • Giftvite
Many of the web applications I have worked on are extremely complicated (In my opinion) with as many as 80+ Tables in the database. I've decided to keep this one simple.
Decisions made to keep simple
Monthly subscriptions will be $20/month + VAT
I'm using dollars to I don't need to change JSP much. Monthly fee is only to filter out businesses who are time wasters.
My marketplace will charge around 10% transaction fee per order.
- Suppliers can list in their own currency
- I will manage currency conversion rates
- All product weights will be in Kg
- No customisation
- No subdomains or custom domains
- Jumpstart Pro
- Tailwind CSS & UI
More to come later...
November 13, 2020 • Giftvite
My plan is to build an online marketplace for companies to buy staff gifts they actually want or need.
- Local businesses can list products
- Using Stripe for payments
- Platform will take a transaction fee on sales
- Gift recipient will have a choice of gifts to choose from
- Shipping and packaging will be streamlined to make the job of the local business shipping easier.
- Spin up Jumpstart Pro
- Get the website online
- Design the domain model for tables and associations